You can count on one hand the major reasons for wanting to sell your house: The Four Ds: Death in a family, too much Debt leading to foreclosure, Downsizing in Virginia Beach after the kids leave home, and Divorce. For homebuyers who find normal sized houses too expensive and are looking to downsize, tiny houses, while something of a novelty, are one solution.
If you went to the Indy 500, you might have seen the Indy 500 Pop-up, a group of tiny house rentals located just more than a mile southwest of Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Try It Tiny, a two-month-old company founded by Zionsville resident Maggie Daniels has organized what it calls a boutique hotel that will bring three houses to the private property from Thursday through Monday. Race fans can rent them, take advantage of the amenities and walk to the track.
You will see them soon in the Virginia Beach area. The idea is to allow people a way to experience a tiny house and lifestyle without having to invest in buying one.
Downsizing in Virginia Beach
WikiHow has eight steps for downsizing in Virginia Beach. They include:
- Assess your needs – Deciding what you need requires a good long look at how you live your life daily and prioritizing the activities and items that are already a part of your actual lifestyle–not those activities or items that you want to be part of your lifestyle but haven’t gotten around to yet.
- Go through your home, clean every cabinet, shelf, and closet
- Measure your furniture. – You will need to know how your furniture will (or won’t) fit into your new space – particularly large items such as your sofa and your bed – so measure everything.
- Assess your new storage areas. – Yes the house or apartment is gorgeous, and the views are terrific, but assessing exactly how much storage will give you an idea of the volume of items you need to dispose of before moving in.
- Sell your stuff when downsizing
- Move large items first. – Move your furniture into your new home first. You will have the most energy for this task at the beginning of the move and it will also give you a better indication of where the smaller things will go.
- Organize your space as you unpack. – Utilize closet and cupboard storage solutions as you unpack. This way, more can be stored in these tight spaces, and you will be setting a precedent for how to use your new, smaller space
- If you have downsized already, and your new home feels small, try hiring an interior designer for ways to make your house look and feel bigger.
If you are thinking of downsizing in Virginia Beach by selling your house, call us. Once you have decided to sell, you may want to move quickly. We buy houses as-is for cash.
I am Christian Dunlap
My company, ChristianBuysHouses.com, buys houses all across Hampton Roads, including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake and Portsmouth.
Give me a call today at 757-705-8812, and I will do my best to provide you with the fastest and fairest home selling solution you need.